À la recherche d’un emploi à l’extérieur du Gouvernement de la Nation Crie? Développement des Compétences Apatisiiwin affiche des possibilités d’emploi offertes à l’échelle de Eeyou Istchee.
The Communications Officer is responsible for managing and developing the procurement, supply, and distribution of information for the department. More specifically, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the dissemination of all required information to public users and within the administration is reviewed and up to date.
• Develop and execute communication plans for the department such as writing advertisements, internal newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, and website copy.
• Plan and design related communication tools such as annual reports, newsletters, and posters.
• Writing and editing reports, publications, and website contents.
• Assist in the design of the ASD website and ensure that the website is maintained and updated regularly.
• Provide regular updates on the department’s social media.
• Oversee the development of new information systems.
• Advertise services, internally and externally, through publicity material, demonstrations, presentations, and/or social media.
• Ensure that all communication content is properly screened, and when required, approved by the ASD Director.
• Enhance ASD web-based services to provide a more prominent online presence e.g., website upgrading, social media implementation, and the creation of an electronic newsletter.
• Expand the catalog of promotional assets, such as photos, pamphlets, posters, and success stories.
• Collaborate with the staff to organize events such as the Regional Career Fair, conferences, and capacity building opportunities on a community and regional level.
• Assist in releasing information to attract public attention for all aspects of the department.
• Assist with the editing and reviewing of internal documents including policies and procedures, staff training materials, and presentations given within the ASD.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Journalism, or related field.
• One to three years of relevant work experience.
• Fluency in verbal Cree.
• Fluency in English.
• Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Proficiency with multimedia software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Excellent writing skills and ability to proofread effectively.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
• Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
• Willingness to travel frequently.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Votre demande doit être envoyée par courriel ou par télécopieur avec le numéro de concours: ASD 220108-2
From January 25, 2022 to February 9, 2022
Your application must be sent by email or fax with the competition number: ASD-220108-2