À la recherche d’un emploi à l’extérieur du Gouvernement de la Nation Crie? Développement des Compétences Apatisiiwin affiche des possibilités d’emploi offertes à l’échelle de Eeyou Istchee.
The Regional Childcare Advisor is responsible for providing professional support and advice to the Directors, Coordinators and Boards of Directors of the CFS Department regarding the general operations of their programs and services. The incumbent is in particular responsible for ensuring the proper implementation of the Cree Nation Government/Ministère de la Famille (MF) agreement and determining the number of Child and Family Services in a given area of the Eeyou Istchee.
• Monitor the Child and Family Services offered by the Childcare Centres and ensure that they operate efficiently within the specifications of the Cree Nation Government and of the provincial Act Respecting Childcare Centres and Childcare Services.
• Participate in the implementation of standards for the provision of quality educational services within each of the programs in place throughout all Childcare Centres, in collaboration with the CFS Department team.
• Liaise with the other employees of the CFS Department and the Director to ensure a proper flow of information leading to the best quality services possible for children and parents using local Childcare Centres.
• Ensure that the background inquiries procedure is applied by local Childcare Centres.
• Prepare Childcare Centres for inspection of their programs and services, ensuring conformity with the MF policies and work procedures including the proper maintenance and security of employee files, and ensuring compliance with regulations concerning the health and safety of children attending the centres in direct collaboration with the Regional Inspection Officer.
• Assess and analyze compliance issues in the Childcare Centres, including identifying consequences of non-compliance and developing remedial action plans for Childcare Centres to follow.
• Follow up with Childcare Centres on remedial action plans and ensure that recommendations are followed.
• Ensure that the Cree Nation Government/MF policies and guidelines for handling complaints are followed and ensure follow-ups as required.
• Participate in the hiring and evaluation of Directors in collaboration with the Boards.
• Inform and guide the Boards of Directors with respect to their roles and responsibilities.
• Provide professional and technical support and expertise to the Directors and Coordinators of Cree Childcare Centres as well as to the Boards of Directors regarding the full range of their activities.
• Provide advice and guidance to Directors and Coordinators in applying policies and procedures with respect to the selection, orientation, development and evaluation of personnel.
• Carry out all visits to the communities that are under her/his responsibility.
• Participate and act as a regional resource person in general assemblies of local Childcare Centres, including preparing all documents ahead of the general assemblies and subsequently updating bylaws according to conclusions.
• Ensure liaison, information and representation services on behalf of the Department with all the local Childcare Centres.
• Ensure liaison with local resources involved in the delivery of services to children.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
• Perform other duties as required.
• College Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field.
• Three to five years of relevant work experience.
• Fluency in verbal Cree.
• Fluency in English.
• Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Good understanding of child growth and development, and of age appropriate activity programming.
• Customer-focused and service-oriented.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
• Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
• Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Typical office setting and where there are no unusual physical demands.
• Willingness to work irregular hours.
• Willingness to travel extensively.
• Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Votre demande doit être envoyée par courriel ou par télécopieur avec le numéro de concours: CFS-200702-1
From July 14, 2020 to July 29, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: CFS-200702-1