Looking for job opportunities outside the Cree Nation Government? The Apatisiiwin Skills Development Department also posts job opportunities available across Eeyou Istchee.
The Administrative Technician is responsible for providing professional and administrative support to the correctional team in accordance with established procedures.
• Provide customer service, screen and direct telephone calls, take and relay messages, answer questions from clients and general public regarding correctional services; respond and if needed, redirect inquiries as appropriate.
• Review, redirect, process, and facilitate incoming and outgoing regular and electronic correspondence and paperwork so as to provide prompt and appropriate action with respect to inquiries, concerns and issues in a timely manner.
• Assist correctional staff in special assignments or daily routines.
• Administer and coordinate various department-related meetings such as setting up appointments, preparing meeting notices, and recording the minutes of meetings (e.g., staff meetings).
• Answer and/or coordinate responses to all administrative inquiries received from the correctional office.
• Order office and operating supplies; keep inventory of supplies.
• Research, compile and analyze data for special correctional projects and reports.
• Arrange travel schedule and make reservations for all correctional staff.
• Process invoices and expense reports.
• Schedule and coordinate the Cree Reintegration Officer, Community Justice Officer and Correctional Release Support Worker’s visits to clients in different locations such as detention centers, half-way houses, and treatment centers in order to provide the appropriated services.
• Act as the liaison and relay information to the detainees and their immediate family.
• Work closely with the Specialist in Detention in Environment and the Correctional Release Support Worker in order to provide services to the detainees.
• Liaise with institutions or provincial services to set up client appointments.
• Maintain the calendar of correctional team.
• Translate French communications and documents.
• Provide lead supervision for other support staff, which may include assigning, scheduling, and prioritizing work and providing training.
• Collecting, managing, and updating clients’ data and files.
• Set up, update, and maintain an efficient and effective electronic and manual filing system.
• Compile reports by entering data in the correction databases.
• Maintain a manual of procedures and processes related to the correctional services.
• Take a flexible approach to relevant issues and act promptly to ensure situations are dealt with appropriately and effectively.
• High School Diploma with additional training program of at least one year in Secretarial studies or related field.
• Three to five years of relevant work experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Fluency in verbal Cree.
• Fluency in French.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Customer-focused and service-oriented.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively.
• Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
• Must be able to pass provincial and federal security screening.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Your application must be sent by email or fax with the competition number: JCSD-210705-1
From July 20, 2021 to August 4, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: JCSD-210705-1