Looking for job opportunities outside the Cree Nation Government? The Apatisiiwin Skills Development Department also posts job opportunities available across Eeyou Istchee.
The Administrative Technician is responsible for providing confidential administrative support to the Lieutenant as well as the detachments.
• Screen and respond to incoming correspondence, inquiries and telephone calls received at the
• Ensure the management and the follow-up of the agenda.
• Provide support by preparing, drafting, editing and proofreading correspondence, presentations,
brochures, publications, reports or related material.
• Receive training for BeeON Software and act as a reference and support for the use of the program
• Keep employee files up-to-date regarding requests for vacation, leaves, etc.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
• Perform other duties as required.
to detachment staff.
• Conduct research, perform data entry and transfer of data to the BeeON program in compliance with
the Police Information Module (PIM) and Quebec Police Information Centre (CRPQ) systems to ensure
reliable and useful data for the local and global management of EEPF.
• In between Officers leaving and arriving, ensure that houses have been inspected and meet the
• Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations to various committees or councils.
• Take and prepare minutes for detachment meetings. Prepare and send activity reports to
• Coordinate various meetings or conference calls, including setting up appointments, preparing
meeting notices, and making conference room reservations.
• Assist with travel and accommodation arrangements.
• Assist all Officers with administrative matters.
• High School Diploma with additional training program of at least one year in Secretarial studies or
• Three to five years of relevant work experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Fluency in French.
• Fluency in verbal Cree is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Customer-focused and service-oriented.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively.
• Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proven organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Typical office setting where there are no unsual physical demands.
• Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned
requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan
determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Your application must be sent by email or fax with the competition number: EEPF-200915-1
From September 16, 2020 to September 30, 2020
Your application must be sent by email or fax with the competition number: EEPF-200915-1:
Training and Development Specialist