Looking for job opportunities outside the Cree Nation Government? The Cree Human Resources Development Department also posts job opportunities available across Eeyou Istchee.
The Procurement Officer is responsible for the purchasing and procurement functions at the Cree Nation Government to minimize the overall purchasing costs without compromising quality or reliability of supplies.
Education and Certification
- College Diploma in Business Administration or a related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English and French.
Fluency in verbal Cree is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Strong attention to details and customer services skills.
Strong administrative and organizational skills.
Proven ability to coordinate multiple tasks and respect deadlines.
Strong judgment and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From June 18, 2018 to July 2, 2018
Purchasing and Procurement Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of the Cree Nation Government’s overall supply and logistics strategy.
- Assist in developing purchasing budgets, plans, policies, systems, and procedures.
- Assist in minimizing the Cree Nation Government’s overall purchasing costs.
- Prepare and post calls for tender through Le système électronique d’appel d’offres du gouvernement du Québec (SEAO).
- Update and maintain SEAO postings, including managing responses and coordinating correspondences.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries.
- Provide information to help in the development of purchasing budgets, plans, policies, systems, and procedures.
- Select and negotiate with approved vendors and place purchase orders.
- Assist in evaluating and negotiating important supplier and vendor.
- Compile and maintain list of suppliers.
Contract Management Responsibilities
- • Review and administer long-term purchase contracts.
• Communicate with contracting parties on all aspects concerning fulfillment of contractual obligations.
• Collaborate in drafting and applying memorandums of agreement.
Assets Management and Inventory Control Responsibilities
- • Ensure that methods and procedures relating to the inventory control of movable assets are followed and update.