- Wear purple to acknowledge that mistreatment is happening in our communities and that help is available.
- Post your photos on social media with the #RespectOurElders hashtag.
- Visit or call an elder in your family to show you care and value them. Have tea. Share stories.
- Organize or take part in intergenerational activities in your community.
- Educate yourself and others to learn about the different forms of elder abuse and ways to help.
Resources and Information
In Eeyou Istchee there are resources that you can contact to support yourself, a loved on or a community member experiencing abuse. If you know someone who is being mistreated, don’t remain silent. To learn more please visit:
- Justice and Correctional Services
- Cree Health Board
- Emergency Resources
- Protect Our Elders \
- Policy to Address the Mistreatment of Elders and Vulnerable Adults
- Sol’s Good Medicine Show
Let’s all do our part to support elders throughout Eeyou Istchee.