Want to apply directly to job opportunities through the Grand Council of the Crees (Eeyou Istchee)/Cree Nation Government. Our new Career Portal can help you subscribe to upcoming opportunities, apply directly and manage your applications all in one place.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the President / Chief Executive Officer leads the CDC and shall supervise, administer and manage the business and affairs of the Corporation, subject to the By-law and applicable legislation. As the leading face of the CDC, the incumbent is accountable for integrating the Board’s decisions into the operations of the company as well as for the overall results and success of the CDC.
Strategic and Planning Responsibilities
• Develop and execute the overall business strategy and operations management, including high-level decisions about operational policies.
• Develop short and long-term objectives and strategies with the Board of Directors.
• Scan the environment and identify opportunities for growth and investment in line with the overall purpose of the Corporation.
• Oversee future planning for operations.
• Provide direction and decision making for high-level business changes or initiatives and oversee the implementation of those changes within the company.
• Direct strategy towards the profitable growth of the CDC with Chief Investment Officer.
• Monitor the operational performance of the CDC’s activities, department and team; identify issues before they occur and find innovative solutions.
• Provide reports to the Board of Directors regarding the status of activities.
• Build and lead the senior executive team.
• Model and set the company’s culture, values, and behavior.
• Create an environment that promotes strong performance and positive morale.
• Measure the performance and efficiency of employees.
• Play major role in human resources decisions.
• Manage company compliance with laws and regulations.
• Seek efficiencies across the organization.
External Relations Responsibilities
• Effectively articulate the CDC’s mission and vision internally and externally.
• Represent the company to major stakeholders, partners, professional associations, and governments.
• Participate in negotiation, implementation and follow up on all contracts and agreements.
• Position the company’s brand image in a positive manner.
• Build a strong network of relationships with various key stakeholders within Quebec and Cree Nation.
• Accountable for the CDC’s general financial health.
• Evaluate and determine the bottom line (projected EBITDA, cash flow, net income for the future).
• Work with the Chief Financial Officer to develop and set overall budget and ensure proper coordination and control of budget and finances.
• Work towards the maximization of wealth of the Corporation and value for shareholders.
Education and certification
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or related field.
• Master’s degree or MBA an asset.
Experience & Skills
• Ten to fifteen years of relevant experience in a senior management position.
• Knowledge of profit and loss, general finance and budgeting.
• Understanding of the economic development opportunities within Eeyou Istchee.
• Ability to build consensus and relationships among internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience with corporate governance.
• Proven negotiation skills.
• Proven skills to positively influence as well as coach others.
• Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
• Ability to work under pressure, plan workload effectively and delegate.
• Understanding of and experience in human resources and personnel management.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Fluency in French and English.
• Fluency in Cree is an asset.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Your application must be sent by email or fax.
Your application must be sent by email to email@example.com