Looking for job opportunities outside the Cree Nation Government? The Cree Human Resources Development Department also posts job opportunities available across Eeyou Istchee.
The Mining Engineer is responsible for planning and directing the various engineering aspects of extracting minerals from the earth. The incumbent is also responsible for addressing environmental concerns and ensuring that environmental regulations and standards are respected.
• Applied knowledge of mining engineering to solve problems concerning the environment in the Eeyou Istchee territory.
• Help plan ways of restoring the land around mine sites so that they can be used for other purposes.
• Oversee various mining projects by effectively coordinating the team activities such as planning the work, assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project and monitoring progress against plan.
• Consult with engineers and environmentalists regarding the preservation of bodies of water around mining sites.
• Analyze submissions and tenders and participate in the selection of external consultants and/or projects.
• Analyze, monitor and report on mining projects as conducted by external companies.
• Review and comment on all new legislation relating to mining and its impact on the environment.
• Provide assistance in interpreting environmental impact statements.
• Keep informed of new, environmentally friendlier, methods and techniques of extracting minerals from the earth.
• Collaborate with local communities and regional entities in providing them with any research or information in relation to current and future mining projects.
• Communicate with key stakeholders to keep them informed on the status of current and future projects as well as new mining regulations, standards and issues.
• Participate in various environmental committees.
• Oversee the maintenance and updating of mining information/data input into the mining research system.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
• Perform other duties as required.
Your application must be sent by email or fax with the competition number: ERWD-200107-1
From January 17, 2020 to February 3, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: ERWD-200107-1