Looking for job opportunities outside the Cree Nation Government? The Cree Human Resources Development Department also posts job opportunities available across Eeyou Istchee.
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for the general maintenance of the Cree Nation Government’s premises and equipment located in the Cree communities.
• Maintain all Cree Nation Government’s buildings and housing units in adequate and expected conditions.
• Install, repair and maintain all mechanical equipment, structural components and building fixtures (such as but not limited to windows, frames, doors, etc.).
• Maintain Cree Nation Government’s grounds (e.g. lawn mowing, snow removal and any other applicable tasks).
• Inspect housing units and report the results for maintenance purposes.
• Maintain an inventory of supplies and stock.
• Move furniture and equipment.
• Complete the weekly activity log sheet.
• Ensure that the maintenance of Cree Nation Government’s vehicles is done annually.
• Complete record of Cree Nation Government’s vehicles log book (mileage, repairs, fuel and others).
• Work closely with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Clerk and ensure that maintenance requests from clients are answered.
• Respond to emergency maintenance.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
• Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification
• High School Diploma.
• Vocational training in Northern Building Maintenance.
• One to three of relevant work experience.
• Fluency in verbal Cree.
• Fluency in English.
• Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Knowledge of general and preventative maintenance procedures aimed at handling both buildings and grounds’ maintenance.
• Proven ability to work for long hours in standing position.
• Agility to perform physical tasks constantly.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
• Judgment and ability to problem-solve.
• Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
• Willingness to work in both an office and outside setting, including exposure to extreme weather conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, and uneven terrain of construction sites.
• Willingness to undertake work that may require high physical effort.
• Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Your application must be sent by email or fax with the competition number: CWSD-190501-1
From May 22, 2019 to June 6, 2019
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: CWSD-190501-1
This document is available for download. You can access a version of the document by clicking here.