Looking for job opportunities outside the Cree Nation Government? The Cree Human Resources Development Department also posts job opportunities available across Eeyou Istchee.
The Coordinator of Information Technology is responsible for overseeing, coordinating and
optimizing Cree Nation Government’s Information Technology (IT) activities including planning,
implementation, operations and strategic planning.
The incumbent provides overall management and definition of all technology related activities
within the Cree Nation Government including responsibility for providing a leadership role in
day-to-day operations of the IT functions.
• Define, lead and oversee the IT unit in the development, implementation and execution of
mandates, plans, projects, strategies and initiatives related to IT activities.
• Provide strategic, financial and administrative guidance/advice on IT development projects.
• Supervise and coordinate the IT department and service providers, and periodically assess
overall performance of IT services according to established goals.
• Analyze the IT requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs in
accordance with the organisational vision and make recommendations.
• Design, plan and execute training on the use of systems and networks.
• Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper
• Define and review Cree Nation Government IT infrastructure documentation and all its
• Establish and maintain effective communication and collaboration with other departments.
• Develop and enforce IT policies, procedures and systems to support the implementation of
• Seize process improvement opportunities to streamline internal workflows and improve
• Manage the budget for the IT services and participate in the annual budget process.
• Directly supervise and lead direct reports and ensure effective supervision of others within the